If you are seeking a little beauty amidst the bustle of home learning, the resources below will surely help you find it. These all without exception explore the purpose and scope of visual art, appealing to the eyes and sensibility of a child, but sacrificing neither depth nor beauty.
- Ever Ancient, Ever New: Art History, Appreciation, Theory, and Practice, from Catholic Heritage Curricula
- Kim Solga, Discovering Great Artists: Hands-on Art for Children in the Styles of the Great Masters, which teaches the various styles and techniques of great artists through a variety of hands-on activities––a K-9 resource.
- Aline D. Wolf, Child-size Masterpieces––a resource for learning about important artists and art periods through games, by examining the paintings themselves on postcard-like cards.
- Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain offers a drawing program that helps students learn to draw methodically. Proven to transform skills from elementary to realistic depictions in even a few short lessons.
- Meet the Masters—Art curriculum and art education for schools and children K-8. This is an online subscription program, highly recommended.
- Art with a Purpose––a program geared to develop a range of artistic skills. These can be ordered in packs for different levels and areas of interest.
- Visual Journey: Northwest Coast First Nations and Native Art Colouring Journal features 14 journal entries and art designs to explore First Nations history, culture and art.
- Come Look With Me is a series exploring different aspects of art, with beautiful illustrations and questions to accompany them––beautiful resource for art appreciation and analysis.
- Making Music: Praying Twice is a very popular music program with songs and music from around the world , including themes of Christian love and praise.
- Piano Lessons with Hoffman Academy––who knew that even piano can be taught online? With these free online lessons, even young children can begin learning to play the piano through these tutorials––and they have fun with it too.